Recipe is courtesy of Kardea Brown as featured on her new show, “Delicious Miss Brown” on the Food Network.
3 cups white sugar
1½ cups butter, softened
3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
2 tablespoons lemon extract
1 cup lemon-lime soda (such as 7Up)
3 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
½ cup milk
3 tablespoons lemon-lime soda
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Generously grease and flour fluted Bundt pan.
- Beat white sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until creamy and smooth, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in flour, one cup at a time, blending well after each addition until batter is smooth. Stir in lemon extract. Mix lemon-lime beverage into batter and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Whisk the confectioners’ sugar, milk, lemon-lime soda and extracts together in a bowl using an electric mixer on medium until glaze is smooth.
- Before taking cake out of pan, pierce holes in the cake. Pour 1⁄4 cup of glaze over cake. Flip over pan and remove cake onto a serving plate. Pour remaining glaze over the top of the cake.
Enjoy learning more about Kardea Brown and her culinary journey by reading “Kardea Brown’s Leap of Faith to Food Network Fame.”